What I'm doing now.
Tuesday, November 15, 2022
all the things (almost)
I keep running into people on social media who don't know what I'm up to.
- I'm writing Book 3 of the Wakeful Wanderer’s Guide series, which is a post-apocalyptic cyber-hippie travelogue from the point of view of a history nerd 70 years from now. You can preview the 1st drafts of this work at my patreon site (below) if you subscribe to the top tier. I'm also working on some short stories for a book, and one that will be released soon as part of a compilation of speculative fiction.
- I'm working on a new album with Jim's Big Ego which has stalled because of health issues our engineer/producer has been dealing with - we hope to get going again soon on this. You can get our past albums at jimsbigego.bandcamp.com or listen to our web radio at bigego.com/radio/
- I'm producing a podcast featuring myself and my friend Lionel Cassin. It's called ‘funny,’ not funny with Jim & Lionel and you can find it here: https://funnynotfunny.bigego.com or on apple podcasts, google podcasts, stitcher, & pocketcast. If you listen on another platform, I will try to add it to our distribution. I programmed the feed myself. Our latest interview is with Vance Gilbert, but we have spoken with Dar Williams, Walter Dixon, John Infantino, Julia Tenney, Bob Loy, Phil Broikos, David Partikian, and others.
- I'm writing an open source version of the software I created to run my websites at slabmedia.com - called slabOpen. I'd love to work with someone on this, if you know any php experts. I want to get it right so other webDevs can host on my system.
- I am one of the meditation instructors who lead a zoom meditation Tuesday and Thursday mornings at https://mindfulaware.com . We welcome everyone, but you need to signup for access. Zoom bombing during meditation is sub-optimal.
- I continue to play my Solo In Isolation shows here and on youtube and twitter. I've gone back to doing it every 2 weeks on Saturday at 5pm eastern. I keep these really laid back, more of a sharing, and less of a performance. They really keep me going.
Finally, to support my books and podcast - please leave a rating and review! They are so important. If you are a reader of my books, those reviews determine how visible those books are on places like Amazon. The podcast has 0 reviews or ratings at apple podcasts. If you enjoy our episodes, please consider rating & reviewing. Thanks.