Wait. I'm writing a novel?
Wednesday, January 11, 2017
I got a brainstorm 5 years ago and it would not let me go. I have to write this novel to be free of it. So yes. I am now writing a book.
The working title is
The Wakeful Wanderer’s Guide to New New England and Beyond.
Marto is a travel writer living in a connected tribe 70 years from now near the Tappan Zee Bridge in upstate New York. We join him before his sixth tour which will take him north of his home. He writes as he travels, interviewing members of nearby tribes, sharing his experiences. Unknown to him, dark forces are gathering to the south, set to either destroy or control his home tribe. A mysterious traveller appears and makes him aware of serious holes in his memory.
The Chapters as they happen:
- Chapter 1. Reverside by Day - Free to Public
- Chapter 2. Reverside by Night - Free to Public
- Chapter 3. New Atlantic - Free to Public
- Chapter 4. Approaching Sherwood - Free to Public
- Chapter 5. Inside Sherwood - Free to Public
- Chapter 6. Glenville - Patrons Only
- Chapter 7. Camden - Patrons Only
- Chapter 8. Reverside Security - Patrons Only
- Chapter 9. New Atlantic Sermon - Patrons only
- Chapter 10. Morning in Glenville - Patrons only
- Chapters 1 - 10 - pdf and epub download - Patrons Only
- Chapter 11. The Other - Patrons Only
- Chapter 12. The Merritt - Patrons Only
- Chapter 13. A Noob In Cos - Patrons Only
- Chapter 14. Yale Havens - Patrons Only
- Chapter 15. Short Cut - Patrons Only
- Chapter 16. The MiddleWay - Patrons Only
I'm a writer. Okay, I'm a songwriter, but I'm writing fiction now.
For most of my life, I've written songs, made albums, played shows, toured around, etc. I've made like 10 albums, written over 150 songs, and it kept me happy. Inspiration struck, and I wrote a song.
Well, I guess sometimes inspiration taps you on the shoulder for a song, and sometimes, it hits you upside the head with something a bit more complex. Such a thing happened to me on a bus 5 years ago. I have avoided writing a book since then because I didn't think I was a writer, but the idea just would not go away.
So now I am writing it down, and I invite you to follow along as it all unravels. If you subscribe to my new book, which is a Science Fiction novel set in 2084, you will get access to the chapters as I write them. Some of you will get to talk to me once a month to discuss the progress of the book, and some will get a printed autographed copy when it's done.
I will do my best to keep the chapters coming, and if you support me, I will know 2 important things:
- How many people are interested in this sort of book.
- How you like it. Please comment if you have any thoughts or questions about the material, also anything technical about the delivery of the chapters.
Thanks! I hope you enjoy it.